The gold coins for sale in the Lunar Series from Perth Mint are some of the best-selling gold coins in the world. As of 2021, the Lunar Series is on its third iteration at Perth Mint with the first series running from 1996 to 2007 and the second from 2008 to 2019. In 2013, the Lunar Series II collection hit its midway point with the release of the Year of the Snake design. Right now, certified-perfect 2013 1/4 oz Proof Gold Australian Lunar Snake Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside an individual plastic slab from the NGC!
- Sixth year of release for the Gold Lunar Series II coins!
- Original mintage limited to 5,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $25 (AUD) backed by the federal government of Australia.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimens.
- Early Release designation.
- The obverse features Queen Elizabeth II.
- On the reverse is the image of a snake.
Each 2013 1/4 oz Proof Gold Australian Lunar Snake Coin available in this Silver.com listing comes with a perfect certification. Coins with a PF70 grade exhibit full, original mint luster and have no detractions of any kind present. The included UCAM notation means the coins are ultra-cameo proofs. Such coins have strong, frosted designs that contrast beautifully with the deeply-mirrored, clear fields. Early Release coins must arrive for certification within 30 days of release to qualify for the ER designation.
The Lunar Series collections from Perth Mint follow the same 12-year cycle of the Zodiac with each version of the series. While a Lunar Series collection can follow any 12-year cycle, the proper first year of the cycle is the Year of the Rat, with the Year of the Pig being the proper final year. This is how the Chinese Lunar Calendar runs on its 12-year cycle.
The obverse of 2013 Proof Gold Australian Lunar Snake Coins features a right-profile bust of Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty is captured here in the exceptional 1998 design from Ian Rank-Broadley that served as the fourth-generation British portrait and fifth-generation Australian portrait for national coinage.
On the reverse side of 2013 1/4 oz Proof Gold Lunar Snake Coins is a depiction of the creepy reptile. There are few animals on this planet that strike greater fear in the hearts of humans, even though not all snakes are poisonous.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.