There is no single coin in the world more popular right now than the Silver American Eagle. With sales records falling on an annual basis in recent years, the United States Mint is operating its coining presses around the clock to keep up with demand. Today, a unique 2013-S Silver American Eagle coin is available on Silver.com in perfect condition.
- There are just 2,414 coins with this certification!
- 28th consecutive release of the Silver American Eagle bullion coin!
- Ships in a plastic slab to protect the coin’s condition.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Earned a grade of Mint State 70 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Struck at the San Francisco Mint facility.
- Walking Liberty on the obverse.
- Heraldic eagle of the United States on the reverse.
From 1986 until 1998, the Silver American Eagle bullion coin was produced by the San Francisco Mint. After a brief stint at the Philadelphia Mint in 1999 and 2000, the coins shifted to the West Point Mint where they continue to be produced.
However, the rising tide of demand for Silver American Eagle bullion coins has forced the San Francisco Mint back into action to supplement the supply of Silver American Eagle coins. The first striking took place in March 2011, with full supplemental coining beginning in the spring of that year.
For 2013, the Silver American Eagle finished with yet another record-breaking mintage, this time reach 42.6 million coins in the bullion version. That record would not last long, with the 2014 and 2015 coins subsequently surpassing that level.
On the obverse of all Silver American Eagle coins is the image of Walking Liberty, which first graced the Walking Liberty Half Dollar from 1916 to 1947. The reverse bears the heraldic eagle of the United States. Originally introduced in 1794, it has been refined and modernized multiple times. This particular depiction came from then-Chief Engraver of the United States Mint, John Mercanti, in 1986.
Each 2013-S Silver American Eagle coin in this product listing is available as a perfect specimen from the NGC. MS70 coins exhibit full, original mint luster and lack all detracting flaws, such as breaks in the luster, contact marks, or hairlines.
If you have questions, please contact Silver.com at 888-989-7223. You can also connect with us online using our live chat and email features.