One of the most stunning versions of the Gold American Buffalo ever released came in 2013 in the form of a Reverse Proof Gold Buffalo. The 2013 release of a reverse proof honored the 100th anniversary of the coin that inspired the Gold Buffalo, the historic US Buffalo Nickel designed by James Earle Fraser in 1913. Today, 2013-W 1 oz Reverse Proof Gold American Buffalos in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside protective plastic slabs from the PCGS or NGC!
- Celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Buffalo Nickel!
- Reverse-proof specimens!
- Mintage limited to 47,836 coins only!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- The face value of $50 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70/PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is a stoic native figure.
- The reverse features the American bison.
- Bears a W mint mark from the West Point Mint.
- Please keep in mind you may get coins with matching labels if you buy more than one coin.
The Gold American Buffalo was introduced by the United States Mint in 2006. The coin became the first-ever 24-karat gold coin from the United States Mint and the only one that it would reliably issue on an annual basis. The coin’s designs came directly from the 1913 Buffalo Nickel designed by James Earle Fraser. To honor the latter coin’s 100th anniversary in 2013, the US Mint offered these Reverse Proof Gold American Buffalos.
All of these 2013-W 1 oz Reverse Proof Gold American Buffalos are available in perfect condition. A PF70/PR70 coin has full, original mint luster and bears no detracting flaws of any kind. Please note, these coins come with the potential for varied labels in the slab and either a PCGS or NGC grade.
Silver.com offers these coins to you at random. We cannot guarantee the labels or grading house in advance. All coins are chosen after your payment has cleared and it is possible to receive coins with matching labels when you buy more than one.
On the obverse of 2013 Reverse Proof Gold Buffalos is a depiction of a stoic native figure. This right-profile image of an indigenous leader was created using three different tribal figures from the early 20th century as inspiration. The figure is set in right-profile relief with braided hair and feathers woven in near the top of his head.
The reverse side of the 2013-W Reverse Proof Gold American Buffalo comes with an image of the American bison. This design was inspired by the image of Black Diamond, a bison living at the Central Park Zoo in the early 20th century.
Please contact Silver.com with any questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.