This limited edition coin features a howling wolf image which graces the first-ever ½ kilo fine silver coin issued by the Royal Canadian Mint. The RCM enthusiastically reports that 93% of this coin’s 1,000 mint-count inventory is already sold. Many investors and collectors have obviously sited and recognized the abundantly increasing value of this first-edition/limited-edition piece.
- Extremely rare coin! Just 1000 were struck for global distribution!
- Ships in a large presentation box, with a Certificate of Authenticity included.
- Consists of ½ kilo, or 16.075 troy ounces, of .9999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $125 (CAD) by the federal government of Canada.
- Reverse design created by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc.
- Depicts the timberwolf as it howls into the night sky, with a backdrop of a coniferous forest.
- Issued in proof version.
The engravers at Royal Canadian Mint amplified the aesthetic impact of this beautiful coin designed by Pierre Leduc by rendering the piece with up to four separate finishes that emphasize the texture of the wolf’s fur, facial features, and the high relief setting of the wolf in relation to the tree-lined background. The wolf appears to be howling to the word CANADA, which is embossed above its head along with the mint date of 2014.
The obverse side of the coin is graced with a profiled portrait of Queen Elizabeth set onto a unique and sophisticated interlocking circle patterned background. 125 DOLLARS and ELIZABETH II flank her image from left to right.
We invite you to browse our extensive collection of Royal Canadian Mint limited-edition and wildlife coins and bullion ingots in fine gold and silver. Silver.com ships all orders through USPS or UPS within approximately three days of cleared payment. Your order will be delivered to the destination of your choice and is fully traceable and insured against loss while on its way to you.
If you have any questions about our limited-edition Howling Wolf 1/2 kilo coins or any of the precious metal products in our online catalog, please contact our professional staff at 888-989-7223. We can alternatively be reached online through email or live chat for further convenience.