The Silver Wedge Tail Eagles from the Perth Mint debuted in 2014 with a stunning depiction of the largest aerial predator in the South Pacific. The eagle designs in this series of silver for sale come from an individual with a great deal of experience in “eagle” designs, John Mercanti. Mr. Mercanti served as the 12th Chief Engraver of the United States Mint from 2006 to 2010. Right now, 2014 1 oz Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagles are available to purchase online at Silver.com with an NGC certification.
- Ships to you inside of an NGC protective plastic slab!
- First coin from the bullion Silver Wedge Tail Eagle series!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (AUD) backed by the federal government of Australia.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Includes an Early Release label.
- The obverse features an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- On the reverse is the image of a wedge tail eagle returning to its perch.
- Perth Mint “P” mint mark on the reverse.
Each 2014 1 oz Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagle in this listing earned the Mint State 69 certification of the NGC. Coins in this condition exhibit full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. The only acceptable flaws at this grade level include minuscule contact marks or hairlines that must be located outside the primary focal areas.
Included within the protective plastic slab of these coins is an Early Release label. This label is reserved for coins that the NGC receives within the first 30 days of the initial release date. In this case, the coins were received by the NGC for certification within 30 days of the 2014 release date for this series from the Perth Mint.
On the reverse of 2014 Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagles is the design of a wedge tail in flight. This eagle species gets its name from the distinctive wedge shape of its tail feathers and it is the largest aerial predator in the South Pacific. The wedge tail eagle in this design is swiftly flying back to its perch with its talons extended to catch the branch upon landing.
The obverse of 2014 1 oz Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagles features the right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. The longest-reigning monarch in British history, Her Majesty’s portrait on these coins represents the fifth design of the monarch for Australian coins.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Silver.com. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.