One of the hottest silver coins for sale from the Perth Mint is also one of its newest annual programs. Silver Wedge Tail Eagle Series debuted in 2014 and after using some repeat designs and issuing mintage caps, the Perth Mint has opened up the throttle on this series to include new annual reverse designs and no mintage caps. Today, 2014 1 oz Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagle Coins in perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you in the PCGS protective plastic slab!
- First year of release for the Silver Wedge Tail Eagles!
- Initial mintage limited to 50,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- On the obverse of the coin is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse face of the coin features a soaring eagle.
- Design from John Mercanti.
The release of the Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagle in 2014 can be seen as both a challenger to the dominant Silver American Eagle in terms of design similarity, and also as a continuation of the Perth Mint’s focus on endemic animal species to its continent and region in the Pacific. Like the Kookaburra, Koala, and Kangaroo, the Wedge Tail Eagle calls Australia home and is depicted in a new relief each year starting with the 2018 release.
All of these 2014 1 oz Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagles are available to you for purchase in perfect condition. The PCGS issues a Mint State 70 grade to coins that have full, original mint luster and present with no detracting flaws of any kind.
On the obverse of 2014 Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagles is a depiction of Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty is featured here in right-profile relief wearing the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara, her favorite tiara from a massive collection of personal jewels. This image of the Queen featured on British coins from 1998 to 2015 and Australian coins from 1999 to 2018/2019.
The reverse field of the 2014 1 oz Silver Australian Wedge Tail Eagle comes with the debut depiction of the wedge tail eagle. The bird is depicted in left-profile relief as it speeds across the design element moving powerfully through the air. Its wings are swept back as its talons reach out to grasp the branches of its perch on the edge of the design element.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com if you have any questions. Our customer service team is available to assist you on the phone at 888-989-7223, online through our live chat, and via our email address.