Weather in Canada is known for being cold and frigid. While it isn’t always a frozen wonderland, some of the most beautiful scenes are found during the cold winter months. To honor this, the Royal Canadian Mint created the 2015 1 oz Proof Silver Canadian Weather Phenomenon Winter Freeze Coin, which is now available at Silver.com.
- Arrives in a classic RCM maroon clamshell.
- Mintage limited to 8,000 coins only!
- First release in the Weather Phenomenon Series.
- Features textures to make the ice look and feel real.
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine silver in Proof condition.
- Bears a face value of $20 (CAD) backed by the federal government of Canada.
- Obverse includes an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse features the beauty of a winter scene in Canada.
The Royal Canadian Mint created the Weather Phenomenon Series of proof silver coins to showcase the look and feel of some of the most iconic weather scenes in Canada. The first coin features ice, which not only looks real, but also feels real.
Using innovative technology, Ton Bianco’s design both looks and feels like ice. While it isn’t cold, the coin has the texture of ice. Also on the reverse, grosbeaks are seen in full color eating winter berries off the branches of a tree. The yellow, brown and white of the birds, as well as the red of the berries, creates a nice contrast to the rest of the silver coin.
The reverse of each 2015 1 oz Proof Silver Canadian Weather Phenomenon Winter Freeze Coin shows the right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. This depiction of the Queen was created in 2003 by Susanna Blunt. It appears on all modern Canadian currency.
All 2015 1 oz Proof Silver Canadian Weather Phenomenon Winter Freeze Coins will ship to you in a maroon clamshell from the Royal Canadian Mint. The clamshell offers protection, but also a great way to display your new coin.
If you have questions, don’t hesitate to contact Silver.com. Our associates are available on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live web chat, and via our email address.