If you buy silver from the United States Mint, the America the Beautiful Series is definitely worth your attention. The bullion version of the coins is popular with investors, and there’s something for collectors as well. The Burnished Silver ATB Coins in the collection have lower mintage figures and a distinctive finish that makes for a beautiful specimen. Right now, 2015-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Kisatchie Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective US Mint box and comes with a Certificate of Authenticity!
- 27th design from the ATB Series at the US Mint and the second coin of 2015!
- Mintage of burnished silver coins is limited!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Obverse depicts the left-profile portrait of George Washington.
- Reverse captures the scene as a turkey takes flight in the Kisatchie National Forest.
- Honors Louisiana in the ATB Series.
- Issued a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Each of the 2015-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Kisatchie Coins in this product listing is available to you with its original US Mint protective box and includes a Certificate of Authenticity. Unlike the bullion coins from the West Point Mint in this series, the Burnished Silver ATB Coins have a mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint that is a simple “P.”
Another difference between the burnished and bullion versions of the ATB coin is a visual one. The burnished coins are vapor-blasted as blanks before coining to produce a matte finish, setting them apart from the shinier finish of the bullion coins.
On the reverse of 2015-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Kisatchie Coins, you’ll find the image of a wild turkey as it takes flight from the bluestem grasses of the forest. In the background, there are a handful of longleaf pines stretching toward the sky. This particular type of tree is one of the many important, protected tree types in the forest. Over the last century, the longleaf pine has suffered steady and significant declines in population.
Kisatchie National Forest was designated in 1930 by the administration of President Herbert Hoover. In addition to protecting longleaf pines, Kisatchie provides for a diverse ecosystem that supports 155 species of breeding and wintering birds, 48 mammal species, 56 reptile species, and 30 amphibian species.
The obverse of 2015 Burnished Silver ATB Kisatchie Coins includes the image of President George Washington. This left-profile portrait is a refined design of the one created by John Flanagan in 1932 that still graces the circulation quarter.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service is ready to help out. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or send us an email.