The Silver Canadian Maple Leaf is part of the most popular series of bullion and proof coins from the Royal Canadian Mint. Available in gold, platinum, and palladium as well, the Silver Canadian Maple Leaf is the official silver product of Canada, and occasionally features unique privy marks. Today, the 2016 Four Leaf Clover Privy Silver Canadian Maple Leaf is available as a reverse proof on Silver.com.
- Total mintage of just 50,000 coins!
- Ships in a plastic slab to protect the coin’s condition.
- Consists of one troy ounce of .9999 fine silver.
- Face value of $5 (CAD) is fully backed by the government of Canada.
- Earned a grade of PF69 from the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Designated an Early Release coin.
- Features a reverse proof finish.
- Sugar maple leaf adorns the reverse.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s image on the obverse.
- Special four-leaf clover privy mark on the reverse.
Four-leaf clovers are often associated with Irish folklore. In reality, the four-leaf clover is a rare variation of the standard clover, which is believed to occur in roughly 1 of 10,000 examples in the wild. Tradition states that each leaf of a clover is representative of something. Typically, this includes faith (1st), hope (2nd), and love (3rd). The four-leaf clover is considered good luck because that fourth leaf, when present, represents luck.
Each of these 2016 Four Leaf Clover Privy Silver Canadian Maple Leaf Coins has a unique four-leaf clover privy in the lower-left field on the reverse side. Additionally, these coins have a near-perfect grade of PF69 from the NGC. A coin with a PF69 grade has full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws.
Reverse proof coins such as these exhibit opposite finishes from a traditional proof. The design sets of each feature deeply-mirrored, clear visuals while the background field is strong and frosted in appearance.
The reverse of the 2016 Four Leaf Clover Privy Silver Canadian Maple Leaf features the iconic sugar maple leaf design in the center, with that four-leaf clover privy located just below the primary design set. On the obverse, you’ll find Susanna Blunt’s 2003 depiction of Queen Elizabeth II in right-profile relief.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Silver.com customer service. Our representatives are available at 888-989-7223, or you can connect with us online using our live chat and email features.