The Perth Mint’s latest silver bullion coin series is the Silver Australian Kangaroo, introduced at the close of 2015. The coins feature one of the most iconic Australian coin designs from the nation’s history, and feature the image of a creature that people around the globe easily associate with Australia. Right now, the 2016 1 oz Silver Australian Kangaroo Coin is available in BU condition with a brilliant Gilded finish on Silver.com.
- Arrives in a protective black display case and themed shipper box, with Certificate of Authenticity.
- There is a limited mintage of just 5,000 coins for this release!
- Gilded version of the first-ever Silver Australian Kangaroo!
- Consists of one troy ounce of .9999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (AUD) backed by the federal government of Australia.
- Reverse bears the image of a kangaroo, with a 24-karat gold, gilded finish.
- Obverse features the familiar right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Brilliant Uncirculated condition.
Coins with a gilded finish have a unique appearance. The 2016 1 oz Silver Australian Kangaroo coin is the first silver bullion coin from the Perth Mint with .9999 pure silver content, and for these gilded coins there is the addition of 24-karat gold overlay on the primary design set of the coin’s reverse.
Brilliant Uncirculated coins such as these have no signs of wear and tear. However, BU coins do feature minor flaws such as breaks in the luster, spotted surfaces, or contact marks that originate from the coining process.
The reverse of each of these 2016 1 oz Silver Australian Kangaroo Gilded Coins features the image of a kangaroo, covered in 24-karat gold, hopping along in the Outback. Its figure is accented by the rays of the sun, with engravings identifying the coin series, year of issue, weight, purity, and metal content.
On the obverse you’ll find Queen Elizabeth II’s right-profile portrait from Ian Rank-Broadley. Your purchase of a 2016 1 oz Silver Australian Kangaroo Coin today includes a numbered Certificate of Authenticity, which arrives along with the black display case and colorized, kangaroo-themed shipper box.
The Perth Mint was founded by the British in 1898 as the final of three Royal Mint facilities on the continent. Today, it is owned and operated by the state of Western Australia, and not affiliated with the Royal Australian Mint.
Please direct your questions to a Silver.com associate at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us.