Gold Chinese Panda coins are available from the Chinese Mint in five different weights. In addition to the original 1 oz gold coins, the mint offered the coins in 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1/20 oz coins. Right now, 2016 30 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com with a PCGS certification.
- Coins ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- 35th year of availability for the Gold Chinese Panda coin!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of 30 Grams, or .9645 Troy ounces, of .999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of 500 Yuan backed by the government of the People’s Republic of China.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Temple of Heaven on the obverse side of the coin.
- A Giant Panda rests on the trunk of a fallen tree over a small pond.
Each 2016 30 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coin in this product listing at Silver.com features a certification from the PCGS. Coins with a Mint State 69 certification exhibit full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Those flaws are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines and must be located only outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
When the Chinese Mint transitioned the Chinese Panda Series to Grams from Troy ounces, the 1 oz gold coin became the 30 Gram coin. The fractional weight coins now consisted of 15 Gram, 8 Gram, 3 Gram, and 1 Gram weights in place of the previously issued 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, 1/10 oz, and 1/20 oz coins.
On the reverse face of the 2016 Gold Chinese Panda Coins is the image of a Giant Panda lying on the trunk of a fallen tree. The trunk reaches out over a body of water and there is a background field with the bamboo wall. The coin’s face value is also depicted on this side of the coin.
The obverse of 2016 30 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coins includes the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. This building is located inside of the Temple of Heaven in south-central Beijing and was constructed between 1406 and 1420. This design features on the obverse of the coin each year and it has never changed.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. You can call Silver.com customer service at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.