The Call of the Wild series of gold and silver coins have proven immensely popular for the Royal Canadian Mint. Now, the final half-kilogram coin in the three-coin series is available from the RCM. Right now, the 2016 500 Gram Gold Canadian Roaring Grizzly Coin is available for purchase on Silver.com.
- Extremely low mintage of just 20 coins in total!
- Third release, and final coin, in the Call of the Wild Series.
- Arrives in a wooden display box to protect your coins.
- Consists of 500 grams, or 16.075 troy ounces, of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $1,250 (CAD) backed by the federal government of Canada.
- Designed by Canadian artist Pierre Leduc.
- Includes the Roaring Grizzly design on the reverse.
- Queen Elizabeth II’s effigy on the obverse.
- Struck as a brilliant proof.
Each of the coins in the Call of the Wild series from the Royal Canadian Mint features one of the nation’s many prominent predators. The designs feature the image of one of these beast with mouth agape as it lets out a ferocious roar, and the smaller 1 oz. coins in the series feature radiating lines meant to reflect the sound waves of the roar.
These 2016 500 Gram Gold Canadian Roaring Grizzly Coins feature a different background compared to the 1 oz. coins. Leduc’s right-profile of the grizzly as it roars remains the same, but the background features the natural environment of the bear in Canada.
On the obverse face of the coin you’ll find the image of that roaring grizzly as it lets out a thundering roar. The background features a rugged outcrop that includes rocky cliffs and pine tree forests, as well as a river in the middle ground. Engravings include only the word “Canada” above the design set.
The reverse features the familiar portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty’s right-profile image appears on all Canadian coinage, with these particular coins featuring engravings of her name and the coin’s face value.
We encourage all shoppers to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. You can reach one of our Silver.com customer service representatives directly on the phone at 888-989-7223. You can also connect with us live online using our web chat feature. You can also connect with us at any time by submitting your questions in writing to our email address.