The story of Noah’s Ark is well-known from the book of Genesis in the Christian Bible. The Armenian government has been commemorating this popular biblical story for the last seven years with the Armenian Silver Noah’s Ark Coins. Now, you can get the 2017 1/4 oz Silver Armenian Noah’s Ark Coins from Silver.com.
- Individual coins ship in protective plastic flips, while multiples of 20 ship in mint sealed tubes and multiples of 500 ship in wooden boxes.
- Consists of one-quarter troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Seventh release of the Silver Noah’s Ark Coins.
- Struck by Geiger Edelmetalle Mint in Germany.
- Bears a face value of 100 Drams backed by the Central Bank of Armenia.
- Features the Noah’s Ark imagery.
- Eduard Kurhinyan’s designs.
The Silver Armenian Noah’s Ark Coins are the youngest series out of Europe. These coins were first released in 2011, and 2017 marks the seventh year that these coins have been on the market. The Silver Armenian Noah’s Ark Coins are available in a number of weights, including 1 oz, 5 oz, 10 oz, 1 kilo, 5 kilo, 1/4 oz and 1/2 oz weights.
The 1/4 oz weight Silver Armenian Noah’s Ark Coin is the second most popular coin in the series due to its small size and affordability. All of these coins were struck at Geiger Edelmetalle in Germany.
The reverse of each coin shows the scene as the ark rests on top of Mount Ararat after the flood. As the water starts to recede, the sun can be seen rising in the background. The sun signifies that the end of the flood is near. A dove can be seen in the foreground flying with an olive branch in its beak.
On the obverse of each 2017 1/4 oz Silver Armenian Noah’s Ark Coin you will see the Armenian Coat of Arms. In the center of the shield, you can see a small depiction of Noah’s Ark. Also on this side of the coin, you will see an eagle flanking the left of the shield and a lion to the right.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com. You can contact us on the phone at 888-989-7223, online through our website’s live chat feature, or by submitting your questions to us via email.