For those who buy silver online, the America the Beautiful Series has something for every collector. There’s a new coin available every year in the series that started in 2010, and is scheduled to go through 2021. In fact, there’s more than just one release each year. There are five new designs released annually! Right now, 2017 5 oz Colorized Silver ATB George Rogers Clark National Historical Park Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you within a protective plastic capsule and protective display case!
- Fifth design issue in 2017 and 40th coin release in the America the Beautiful series!
- Availability of colorized coins is limited!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Obverse features the left-profile portrait of George Washington.
- Reverse captures the moment George Rogers Clark leads the attack on Fort Sackville.
- Colorized lacquer layers applied to reverse design!
- Honors the George Rogers Clark National Historical Park.
- Highlights the state of Indiana in the ATB Series.
Each 2017 5 oz Colorized Silver ATB George Rogers Clark National Historical Park Coin in this listing is featured in BU condition. Coins in this condition exhibit no signs of wear and tear, though you may notice minor flaws from the coining process. These flaws are limited in nature to breaks in the luster, spotted surfaces, or contact marks.
A surveyor by trade and militia leader from the state of Virginia, Lt. Colonel George Rogers Clark became the highest ranking American military official on the northwestern front against the British during the Revolutionary War. Clark, whose younger brother William was a leader in the William and Clark Expedition, gained fame for sacking the British encampment of Fort Sackville.
On the reverse of the 2017 5 oz Colorized George Rogers Clark Silver coin is the design of American troops and militiamen attacking Fort Sackville. Clark enjoyed great success on the northwestern front, sacking Fort Sackville in Vincennes in 1779 after capturing Kaskaskia in 1778.
The obverse of all Silver ATB Coins features the left-profile portrait of George Washington. The nation’s first president, Washington was also the Commander-in-Chief of all American troops during the Revolutionary War and has had this image of himself on the circulation 25-cent piece since 1932.
The United States Mint’s America the Beautiful Series debuted in 2010 and is scheduled to run through 2021. It will include 55 different designs, released five per year, to represent all 50 US states, the federal District of Columbia, and the nation’s four overseas territories.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us. You can call Silver.com at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.