To mark the 225th anniversary of the founding of the United States Mint, a new series of gold and silver bullion was issued in 2017. Between gold bullion coins and silver bullion medals, the US Mint introduced an all-new image of Liberty for these products. This image of Liberty reflected the cultural and ethnic diversity of the United States in a new way for the first time in the nation’s history. Now, 2017 Silver US Mint Liberty 225th Anniversary Four Medal Sets are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com in perfect condition.
Medal Set Highlights:
- Medals ship to you inside individual protective plastic slabs from the NGC!
- Set honors the 225th anniversary of the US Mint!
- 4 distinct visual finishes to the separate medals!
- Original mintage limited to 50,000 sets only!
- Availability of certified perfect medals is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver per medal.
- Issued Grades of PF70 and MS70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse features a new depiction of Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse is a depiction of the bald eagle gliding through the air.
- Each medal has a different mint mark.
This stunning 2017 Silver US Mint LIberty 225th Anniversary Four Medal Set offers collectors a chance to own four visually stunning 1 oz silver medals. Each medal comes with a different finish and a different mint mark. These options include a Proof Medal struck at the San Francisco Mint with an S mint mark, a Reverse Proof Medal from the Philadelphia Mint with a P mint mark, a Burnished Medal from the Denver Mint with a D mint mark, and an Enhanced Uncirculated Medal from the West Point Mint with a W mint mark.
These varying visuals offer something distinct for each piece. The proof has traditional combinations of frosted designs on mirrored fields. The reverse proof boasts mirrored designs on frosted fields. The burnished medal has a matte visual throughout the design. Finally, the enhanced uncirculated medal has various finishes that include a polished field with sections of heavy and light frost.
The obverse of the medals in the 2017 Silver US Mint Liberty 225th Anniversary Set comes with a portrait of Liberty. This left-profile relief casts LIberty as an African-American woman with a crown of large stars.
On the reverse side of each medal in the 2017 Silver US Mint Liberty Anniversary 4-Medal Set offers a depiction of the American bald eagle. This design shows the eagle in right-profile relief as it glides through the design field.
These 2017 Silver US Mint Liberty 225th Anniversary Medals are all graded as perfect specimens. PF70 and Mint State 70 specimens showcase full, original mint luster and have no detractions of any kind.
Silver.com customer service is available to you at 888-989-7223. We are also available to you online through our live chat and email address features.