Introduced in 1986, the Silver American Eagle is the official silver bullion coin of the United States and the best-selling silver coin for sale. The coins come in BU, Proof, and Burnished options. The Proof Silver Eagle is the official collectible version for the series and enjoys impressive demand each year. Now, perfect 2017-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside of protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS!
- 31st release of Proof Silver American Eagles!
- Final mintage of 400,287!
- Label signed by Thomas S. Cleveland!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PR70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- DCAM designation.
- First Strike.
- The obverse features Walking Liberty.
- On the reverse is the heraldic eagle of the United States.
- Comes with the W mint mark of the West Point Mint.
The United States Mint introduced the Proof Silver Eagle in 1986. The coins are struck by the mint with frosted design elements overlaying mirrored fields. Over the course of time, the US Mint has issued the coin with and without mintage caps. The decision to limit the number of coins depends on a variety of market factors.
Proof Silver Eagles are ideal for collectors because of the contrast in the visuals on the obverse and reverse fields. Compared to the BU Silver Eagle, these coins have a mintage that is a fraction of that of its investment-grade counterpart.
The obverse of 2017-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagles features the historic Walking Liberty design. Created by Adolph A. Weinman, the design was first used on the US half dollar from 1916 to 1947. It shows Liberty in left-profile relief as she walks toward the sun on the horizon. Her figure is draped in the American flag carrying the branches of oak and laurel in her left hand while reaching for the sun with her right hand.
On the reverse side of 2017-W Proof Silver American Eagles is the heraldic eagle of the United States. Designed in 1986 by John Mercanti, it features a front-facing bald eagle supporting the US national shield.
These 2017-W 1 oz Proof Silver American Eagle Coins are in perfect condition. Coins with a PR70 grade showcase full, original mint luster with no detractions. DCAM stands for deep-cameo and refers to the strong, frosted designs and deeply-mirrored, clear fields. FS stands for First Strike and means the coins were received for grading within 30 days of release. Each slab has the signature of Thomas S. Cleveland in the slab.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. We are also available online using our live chat and email address features.