The British Trafalgar Square Coin is the third release in the four-coin Landmarks of Britain series from the Royal Mint of England. This design honors the public square in London which was completed in 1840 as a reminder to the nation of the Royal Navy’s massive victory over Spanish and French forces at the Battle of Trafalgar during the Napoleonic Wars in 1805. Right now, 2018 1 oz Silver British Trafalgar Square Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com with NGC certification.
- Coins ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- Third coin released in the Landmarks of Britain series!
- Availability limited within the original 50,000-coin mintage!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of £2 (GBP) backed by the government of Britain.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Includes the Early Release label.
- Trafalgar Square’s lions and Nelson’s Column are visible on the reverse.
- Queen Elizabeth II is featured on the obverse.
Each of the 2018 1 oz Silver British Trafalgar Square Coins listed here today at Silver.com earned a near-perfect grade. The Mint State 69 certification means the coins exhibit full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. These flaws consist only of minuscule contact marks or hairlines.
The included Early Release label issued by the NGC denotes the coin’s arrival at the NGC for certification. The ER label means that the coins were received within the first 30 days of their 2018 release date from the Royal Mint of England.
Trafalgar Square was completed in 1840 on a site known as Charing Cross. From the 13th century onward, the site had been the location of the King’s Mews, the stables where the monarchs housed carriages and horses.
On the reverse of the 2018 1 oz Silver British Trafalgar Square Coins is the depiction of Nelson’s column in the background. The column was erected to honor Admiral Horatio Nelson, the leader of British Royal Navy forces at the Battle of Trafalgar. Visible on the design is one of the four lions which lie at the base of the column to guard Nelson.
The obverse of the 2018 British Trafalgar Square Coins features the right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II. Designed in 2015 by Jody Clark, this is the fifth-generation effigy of Her Majesty to feature on British coinage since 1953.
If you have any questions as you buy silver, please contact Silver.com. Our customer service team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.