The Bird of Paradise is a brand-new silver coin for sale from the Perth Mint in 2018. This beautiful design captures the elegance and natural wonder of the Victoria’s riflebird species found in New Guinea and the Australian state of Queensland. Today, 2018 1 oz Silver Australian Bird of Paradise Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition!
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the NGC!
- First year of issue for the Bird of Paradise design!
- Availability limited within the original 50,000-coin mintage!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (AUD) is fully backed by Australia’s government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Early Release designation.
- On the obverse is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse features the Bird of Paradise, otherwise known as Victoria’s riflebird or the duwuduwu.
2018 1 oz Silver Australian Bird of Paradise Coins feature the image of a bird known in Australia as Victoria’s riflebird. First cataloged by Europeans in 1848 when Scottish naturalist John Macgillivray sighted the bird, it was named Victoria’s riflebird after the reigning monarch of the UK, Queen Victoria I, and the uniform colors of the Queen’s Riflemen regiment of the British Royal Army which had similar colors to that of the bird’s feathers.
All of the 2018 1 oz Silver Australian Bird of Paradise Coins listed here are available to you in perfect condition according to the NGC. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification have full, original mint luster and lack all detracting flaws. Additionally, these coins come with an Early Release label which indicates they were received by the NGC within the first 30 days of their 2018 release from the Perth Mint.
On the reverse of Silver Australian Bird of Paradise Coins is the image of Victoria’s riflebird. The species is native to New Guinea and endemic to the Australian state of Queensland as well. The birds inhabit rainforests and are known for their bright, beautiful plumage. The native Yidinji people of northeastern Australia refer to the birds as the “duwuduwu.”
The obverse of the 2018 1 oz Silver Australian Bird of Paradise Coins features the image of Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty is depicted here in right-profile relief in a 1998 design created by Ian Rank-Broadley as the fourth-generation image of the Queen to showcase on British and Commonwealth coinage.
Please feel free to reach out to our customer service team with your questions. You can reach our customer service associates at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.