In 1988, the Royal Canadian Mint released a coin that would go on to become one of the most sought-after silver coins for sale in the world. Behind only the Silver Eagle in prominence and sales figures, the Silver Canadian Maple Leaf coin is a top product in the precious metals industry that attracts investors on an annual basis. Right now, the 2018 1 oz Silver Canadian Incuse Maple Leaf Coin is available for purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of protective plastic, tubes of 25 , or boxes of 500!
- 30th anniversary issue of the Silver Maple Leaf from the Royal Canadian Mint!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of $5 (CAD) backed by the federal government of Canada.
- Obverse bears an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse includes Walter Ott’s sugar maple leaf design with a unique incuse striking for the 30th anniversary!
- Additional features include radial lines, micro-engraved leaf, and Bullion DNA technology!
- Also includes new MINTSHIELD Technology from the Royal Canadian Mint!
The Royal Canadian Mint first issued the Silver Maple Leaf in 1988, nearly one decade after it debuted the Gold Maple Leaf. Almost instantly the coin became a must-have for investors. With .9999 fine silver content and government-backed purity, the coin is a staple of the precious metals sector.
All 2018 1 oz Silver Canadian Incuse Maple Leaf Coins listed here today are in BU condition. Coins in this condition show no wear and tear on the surfaces, but you may notice minor flaws that range from breaks in the luster and spotted surfaces to contact marks as a result of the production process. All 2018-dated Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins feature a new surface protection application known as MINTSHIELD Technology. The invisible surface application protects the coins against the occurrence of “white spots” without altering the coin’s composition or purity level.
For the 30th anniversary, Walter Ott’s iconic sugar maple leaf design has been reimagined with the use of an incuse striking. Typical coin production stamps a die with the resulting design elements raised from the surface of the coin. An incuse stamping insets the design elements into the surface of the coin, creating different visual dimensions from standard coins.
The reverse of the 2018 1 oz Silver Canadian Incuse Maple Leaf Coin features the maple leaf in the center, with “Canada” engraved above, “9999” on either side, and “Fine Silver 1 oz Argent Pur” below. The radial lines of the background combine with the micro-laser maple leaf privy in the bottom-right to enhance counterfeiting security on the Silver Maple Leaf.
On the obverse of the Silver Canadian Incuse Maple Leaf Coin is the image of Queen Elizabeth II. The beloved monarch of the United Kingdom, and Canada, is captured in a fourth-generation portrait created in 2003 by Susanna Blunt.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com with your questions. You can reach us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email.