The gold for sale in the Chinese Panda Series comes with a total of five weights for investors. The series launched in 1982 with a 1 oz gold coin and three fractional-ounce coins. In 1983, it gained a fifth coin and fourth fractional-ounce coin in the form of the 1/20 oz gold coin. As of 2016, the 1 Troy ounce coin is gone in favor of a new 30 Gram gold coin instead. Right now, 2018 30 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coins in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS!
- 36th year of release for the 30 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Series!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of 30 Grams, .9645 Troy ounces, of .999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of 500 Yuan backed by the government of China.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Features a First Strike designation.
- On the obverse is the image of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- The reverse field features the Giant Panda design.
Each of the individual 2018 30 Gram Gold Chinese Pandas in this product listing comes with a perfect certification from the Professional Coin Grading Service. The Mint State 70 certification indicates the coins exhibit full, original mint luster and come with no detracting flaws of any kind on the design elements or background fields. The First Strike designation indicates the coins were received within 30 days of the original release date from the Chinese Mint. Each coin is individually housed inside of a plastic slab.
Gold Chinese Pandas debuted in 1982 with the 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz gold coins available. The 1/20 oz gold coin was introduced in 1983. The switch to Grams in 2016 resulted in each of these five coins gaining new designations as the 30 Gram, 15 Gram, 8 Gram, 3 Gram, and 1 Gram gold coins.
On the obverse face of 2018 30 Gram Gold Chinese Pandas is a depiction of the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests. The building is the largest and primary structure in the Temple of Heaven Complex, a Taoist religious site located in south-central Beijing.
The reverse field of 2018 30 Gram Gold Pandas includes the image of a Giant Panda in front-facing relief. The Giant Panda is featured staring right at some bamboo leaves it is holding in its paw. The Giant Panda relies on bamboo for a large amount of its daily dietary intake.
If you have any questions about the gold for sale in this listing, please contact Silver.com. You can reach our customer service team at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.