The first issue of the 2018 ATB Series has arrived, and Michigan is the first state to feature for the year. Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore leads off the ninth year of availability for the America the Beautiful Series, with three of the five coins scheduled for release this year sharing a border along the shores of Lake Superior in the Great Lakes region. Right now, 2018 5 oz ATB Silver Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Arrives in a protective plastic capsule, mint tube of 10 coins, or mint Monster Box of 100 coins!
- First release in the 2018 ATB Series and 41st overall in the America the Beautiful collection!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Obverse includes the portrait of George Washington in left-profile relief.
- Reverse features Chapel Rock with a single white pine in Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
- Represents Michigan in the ATB Series.
- Celebrates Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore’s beauty.
Each of the 2018 5 oz ATB Silver Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Coins in this listing from Silver.com are in BU condition. Coins in this condition exhibit no signs of wear and tear, though you may notice minor flaws from the coining process. These minor flaws are limited to breaks in the luster, spotted surfaces, or contact marks.
The America the Beautiful silver coins are available in purchasing options that range from individual coins to bulk purchases. Individual coins ship inside of protective capsules, but bulk purchases arrive in either US Mint tubes or Monster Boxes depending on volume. Coins are sold in multiples of 10 inside of mint tubes, without plastic capsules surrounding the coins. For Monster Boxes, multiples of 100 are packaged together with a total of 10 tubes of 10 coins, also lacking protective capsules.
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is the only federal land of its kind to feature in the ATB Silver Coin series. The lakeshore runs along 42 miles of coastline in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
On the obverse of all America the Beautiful silver coins is the left-profile portrait of George Washington, the nation’s first president. This design was created in 1932 by John Flanagan for the nation’s circulation 25-cent piece. The effort undertaken by the US Mint at that time was done in honor of George Washington’s 200th birthday.
The reverse of the 2018 5 oz ATB Silver Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Coin is the image of the famed Chapel Rock in the center of the design. A single white pine tree rises from the rock, with the breadth of Lake Superior visible in the background and more of the Upper Peninsula shoreline visible in the foreground of the design.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. Silver.com associates are available to you on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.