Gold Panda coins from the Chinese Mint are exciting issues available each year to investors. The series is available predominantly as a bullion collection, but the use of new images of the Giant Panda with each new release makes it an ideal collectible series also. Today, you can purchase a perfect condition 2018 8 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coin online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship inside of the NGC’s protective plastic slab!
- 37th release of the Gold Chinese Panda coins!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of Eight Grams, or .2572 Troy ounces, of .999 fine gold.
- The face value of ¥100 (Yuan) is fully backed by the People’s Republic of China’s government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Issued with an Early Release label.
- Obverse features the Temple of Heaven’s Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests.
- Reverse side includes the face of a Giant Panda.
Gold Chinese Panda Coins from the Chinese Mint debuted in 1982 with the 1 oz gold coin and fractional weights of 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz. In 1983, the mint expanded the series with a 1/20 oz coin. In 2016, the Chinese Mint began to issue the coins with weights in Grams rather than Troy oz. These 8 Gram Gold Pandas replaced the former 1/4 oz Gold Panda coins in the series.
All of the 2018 8 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coins in this product listing are perfect specimens according to the NGC. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification feature full, original mint luster and bear no detracting flaws on the surface areas or design elements. Each coin also qualified for the Early Release label as a result of arriving at the NGC for certification within 30 days of the Chinese Mint’s issue date for 2018 Gold Pandas.
On the reverse of 2018 Gold Chinese Panda Coins is a Giant Panda’s face staring at its favorite food, the leaves of a bamboo plant. The mint uses new images of the Giant Panda each year, a species of bear native to the central highlands of China.
The obverse of 2018 8 Gram Gold Chinese Panda Coins includes the same design each year. The structure featured here is known as the Hall of Prayer for Abundant Harvests and is part of the larger Temple of Heaven complex, a Taoist religious site constructed in Beijing between 1406 and 1420.
These 2018 Gold Chinese Panda Coins are sealed inside of protective plastic slabs from the NGC and feature the distinctive red core labels for added visual appeal.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com if you have any questions. Our customer service team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.