If you buy silver from the United States Mint, you are no doubt aware of the beautiful designs in the America the Beautiful Series. These stunning silver coins include a total of 56 designs issued by the United States Mint in a program that runs from 2010 to at least 2021. Each new release honors a different state and a corresponding national park or historic monument. Right now, the collectible 2018-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Block Island National Wildlife Refuge Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective capsule and US Mint box with an included Certificate of Authenticity!
- 45th coin from the ATB Series and the fifth and final release of 2018!
- Availability of burnished ATB coins is limited!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $.25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- On the obverse is a portrait of George Washington.
- The reverse depicts a night heron flying over Block Island.
- Commemorates Block Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- Released on behalf of Rhode Island.
- Includes a “P” mint mark.
Each of the 2018-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Block Island National Wildlife Refuge Coins available here today ships to you with the United States Mint display box housing a coin inside of a protective plastic capsule. The burnished coins in the series come with a Certificate of Authenticity from the US Mint as well.
The individual Burnished ATB Coins from the US Mint are vapor blasted after striking to create a matte finish that contrasts the shinier finish of the bullion version of the coin. You’ll also note that the Burnished ATB Silver Coins have a mint mark denoting the mint of origin. If you look at the obverse below “In God We Trust,” you’ll find the “P” mark of the Philadelphia Mint.
On the obverse of all 2018 Block Island National Wildlife Refuge Coins is the left-profile portrait of George Washington. The origins of this image date to a 1786 bust of Washington sculpted by William Cousins. As the US government sought to put Washington the circulation quarter in 1932 to honor his 200th birthday, John Flanagan refined that design for the coin. It remains there today and was modified for use on the ATB Series coins.
The reverse face of 2018-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Block Island National Wildlife Refuge Coins features the black-crowned night heron flying over the island’s Cow Cove Beach with the historic North Lighthouse visible in the distance. Much of the island’s northwestern edge remains undeveloped as a natural area for migratory birds to use for rest and breeding along the Atlantic flyway.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service is here to help. You can reach out to us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.