The first coin of the 2018 ATB Series release was the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Coin. Depicting one of the many beautiful landscapes found within the area, the Pictured Rocks coin is available as a bullion or burnished options. The 2018-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Coin is currently available to you online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective display box with included Certificate of Authenticity!
- First coin from the 2018 series and the 41st overall in America the Beautiful!
- Mintage of Burnished ATB Coins is limited!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $.25 (USD) by the United States.
- On the obverse of the coin is President George Washington.
- The reverse includes Chapel Rock from within Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
- Celebrates Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.
Situated along the coastline of the Upper Peninsula in the state of Michigan, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore is one of the most beautiful places in the country. The area is so-named because the sandstones in the area are rich in minerals that bring beautiful colors to the rocks along the shoreline.
A protected US National Lakeshore administered by the National Park Service, Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore covers 42 miles of coastline along Lake Superior and covers nearly 73,000 square miles of land.
The reverse side of the 2018-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Coins features an image of Chapel Rock. This is one of the many sandstone rock cliffs shaped like a castle turret or even a human profile. Included on Chapel Rock in this design is a white pine tree.
On the obverse face of the 2018 Burnished ATB Silver Coins is the effigy of President George Washington. The first president appears on these coins in the same design from the US circulation quarter. The portrait was created in 1932 by John Flanagan and based upon the bust of Washington by William Cousins.
These 2018-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Coins ship to you with protective plastic capsules housed in display boxes with a Certificate of Authenticity included with your purchase. The burnished coins in this series have matte finishes and come with a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
We encourage Silver.com customers to contact us with questions at 888-989-7223. You can also connect with us online through our live chat and email address. You can also find other silver for sale from the ATB Series on our website as well!