Liberty has never been seen on an American coin like you’ll find her on the Gold American Liberty Series. Issued first in 2017 as a 1 oz coin, this series of gold for sale is now available in 2018 with a new proof offering in a 1/10 oz weight. Right now, 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Liberty Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you sealed in a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- Second issue of the Gold American Liberty and first in 1/10 oz weight!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike label included.
- Obverse includes the new Proof Gold American Liberty design by Justin Kunz.
- Reverse features the bald eagle design from Chris T. Costello.
- Includes the West Point Mint’s “W” mint mark.
Each 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Liberty Coin in this product listing from Silver.com earned a perfect certification from the PCGS. A PR70 coin exhibits full, original mint luster and bears no detracting flaws of any kind. With the included First Strike label, you know this coin was received by the PCGS within 30 days of its 2018 release date by the United States Mint.
The issue of the Gold American Liberty coin in 2017 by the US Mint was to celebrate the 225th anniversary of the US Mint’s founding. The coin was just the second ever from the US to feature a face value of $100 on a gold coin. These 1/10 oz coins expand the series to offer something more to investors and collectors, with the same design and impressive .9999 fine gold.
On the obverse of the 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Liberty is the design of Liberty created by Kunz, and sculpted by Phebe Hemphill of the US Mint. This depiction of Liberty as an African-American woman marks the first change in her appearance to reflect the broader American populace in American coining history.
The reverse of Proof Gold American Liberty coins bears the image of a bald eagle in flight. This powerful creature is known for its majesty and longevity, and this design comes from Costello with sculpting completed by Michael Gaudioso. The West Point Mint’s “W” mint mark is found on this face of the coin.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Silver.com. Our customer service associates are available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.