The Proof Gold American Eagle Coins from the United States Mint offer something for anyone buying gold. If you’re looking for big investments, the 1 oz coin is a great option. Those interested in diversity can spend less and get great value with the 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle, the smallest in the collection. Right now, 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you sealed in protective plastic slabs by the PCGS!
- 30th year of availability for the 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Deep-cameo visual finish.
- First Strike label.
- Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ Liberty depiction on the obverse.
- Miley Busiek’s American bald eagle visual on the reverse.
- Features the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint.
Each 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle listed here with Silver.com is a perfect coin according to the PCGS. Coins with a PR70 grade from the PCGs exhibit full, original mint luster and showcase no detracting flaws of any kind on the surface areas or design elements.
A coin with a Deep-cameo, or DCAM, designation is a proof specimen with the brilliant combination of matte and mirrored finishes. The design elements have strong, frosted matte finishes that contrast the deeply-mirrored, clear background field. The combined elements give the design sets the appearance of floating above the coin’s surface.
Coins with the FS label, or First Strike, from the PCGS arrived in a set time frame for certification. These coins had to arrive at the PCGS or an approved depository within 30 days of their initial release in 2018 by the United States Mint.
The obverse of all Proof Gold American Eagle coins features the design of Liberty created in the early 20th century. Designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens at the behest of President Theodore Roosevelt, this image of Liberty helped reinvigorate the design of American coinage throughout the first two decades of the 20th century.
On the reverse of the 2018-W 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coin is the image of a male bald eagle as it flies over the family nest. Below, a female eagle watches vigilantly over the hatchlings contained within. Also found on this side is the “W” mint mark of the West Point Mint, used only on proof coinage from the US Mint.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com. Our customer service team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online via our live chat, and through our email address.