The Gold American Eagle coins debuted from the United States Mint in 1986 along with its silver counterpart. When the gold bullion coins arrived, all four weights available in the Gold Eagle offering were issued. The ½ oz Proof Gold American Eagle would be the first addition to the Proof Gold Eagle Series, which debuted with just a 1 oz coin. Right now, 2018 ½ oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you sealed inside a protective plastic slab from the NGC!
- 31st release of the Proof Gold Eagle in this ½ oz weight!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Half Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $25 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Ultra-cameo specimen.
- Early Release designation.
- Liberty appears on the coin’s obverse face.
- American bald eagle is found on the coin’s reverse face.
- West Point Mint’s “W” mint mark found on the coin.
Each 2018 ½ oz Proof Gold American Eagle listed here features a perfect certification from the NGC. Coins in PF70 condition exhibit full, original mint luster and show no detracting flaws on the design elements or surface areas.
The UCAM, or Ultra-cameo, designation is used for proof coins that have strong, frosted matte finishes on the design sets and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields. This delivers a visual brilliance wherein the design set appears to float above the coin’s background. Early Release coins, or ER labeled coins, arrived for certification at the NGC within the first 30 days of the 2018 issue date.
2018-W ½ oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins will have the lowest mintage figure in program history. The previous low mintage for the ½ oz Proof Gold Eagle came in 2013 when 12,718 coins were produced. The US Mint is initiating mintage caps for the 2018 Proof Gold Eagles, leaving the ½ oz coin with a very low cap of 7,100 coins max.
On the obverse of the Proof Gold American Eagle Coin is the historic image of Lady Liberty. Created in 1907, this design from Augustus Saint-Gaudens was originally used on the $20 Gold Double Eagle circulation coin that was available from 1907 to 1933.
The reverse of all 2018-W ½ oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins features the American bald eagle. In this one-of-a-kind design, the eagle family is captured with a male flying over the nest with a female watching over hatchlings.
If you have any questions, please contact Silver.com. You can call our customer service team at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.