The latest addition to the American Eagle Series from the United States Mint arrived in 2017, and expands in 2018. Following in the footsteps of the Gold Eagle, Silver Eagle, and Platinum Eagle, the US Mint introduced a Palladium American Eagle in 2017. Now, 2018 sees the introduction of the Proof Palladium Eagle for the first time. Today, 2018-W 1 oz Proof Palladium American Eagle Coins are available to you online at Silver.com with PCGS certification.
- Coins ship to you inside of protective plastic slabs from the PCGS!
- First-ever release of Proof Palladium American Eagles!
- Availability is limited within the original 15,000-coin mintage!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine palladium.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike label included.
- Obverse features Lady Liberty from the Mercury Dime.
- Reverse includes the American bald eagle.
- Designs created by Adolph A. Weinman.
- “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
Palladium American Eagle coins joined the wider American Eagle family from the United States Mint in 2017 as a bullion investment coin. The Proof Palladium Eagle joins the collection 2018 with a very low mintage and a beautiful visual finish. All Palladium American Eagle coins have One Troy ounce of .9995 fine palladium content and a face value set at $25 (USD) by the United States.
All 2018-W 1 oz Proof Palladium American Eagle Coins available to you here today come inside of the PCGS protective slab with an Early Release label and perfect certification. Coins with a PR70 certification have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws of any kind. The First Strike label is reserved for coins received by the PCGS within the first 30 days of their release by the US Mint.
On the obverse of Palladium American Eagle Coins, you’ll find the image of Winged Liberty. This design was created by Adolph A. Weinman in 1916 for use on the nation’s circulation 10-cent piece. The dime became known as the Mercury Dime because the vision of Liberty which Weinman created bore a strong resemblance to the Roman messenger god Mercury.
The reverse side of 2018-W 1 oz Proof Palladium American Eagle Coins features the image of a bald eagle resting on a cliff’s edge. The eagle has its head down and its wings elevated behind its frame as it clutches a branch between its talons.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with your questions at 888-989-7223. You can also connect with us online through our live chat and email address features.