Among the first indigenous tribes to make contact with European outsiders on the North American continent were those already living up and down the eastern seaboard. One of those tribes with some of the largest stretches of inhabited lands were the Lenni Lenape, with the largest concentration of their population located in the Delaware River Watershed. Today, 2019 1 oz Proof Silver Delaware Lenni Lenape Blue Hen Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of protective plastic capsules!
- 26th coin in the Proof Silver Dollar Series from the Native American Mint and the 6th release of 2019!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of One Dollar is supported by the Lenni Lenape tribe.
- A member of the Lenni Lenape is depicted on the coin’s obverse.
- The Blue Hen gamecock is featured on the reverse of the coin.
- Released for Delaware in the Proof Silver Dollar Series.
- Honors the Lenni Lenape people.
- Face value has NO legal tender status in the US.
The Proof Silver Dollar Series from the Native American Mint offers a collection of 1 oz silver coins with a One Dollar face value backed by the representative tribe. Federally recognized indigenous tribes are considered sovereign nations by the United States, but under federal law, the United States Mint is the only minting operation authorized to produce legal tender coinage in the United States.
All 2019 1 oz Proof Silver Delaware Lenni Lenape Blue Hen Coins are available to you with protective plastic capsules to house the specimens. These silver coins have proof visuals that include frosted designs overlaying mirrored background fields.
On the obverse of 2019 Proof Silver Delaware Lenni Lenape Blue Hen coins is a depiction of a member of the indigenous tribe. The Lenape people were matrilineal clans, meaning the family ancestry was traced through the female’s ancestral line. Their society is also matrilocal, indicating that the families would live near the female’s family members rather than the males.
The reverse of 2019 1 oz Proof Silver Delaware Lenni Lenape Blue Hen Coins features the image of a blue strain of the American gamecock. Not considered a species of chicken, the Blue Hen is a breed of game fowl that is bred specifically for fighting. The bird is one of three US state birds that is not a native species in the United States.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with your questions. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply email us.