The 2019 release of commemorative gold and silver bullion coins from the United States Mint included options in both metals honoring the Apollo 11 mission from July 1969. The Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Series is one of a small handful of bullion releases to date from the US Mint to offer domed surfaces. Now, 2019 $1 Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins in near-perfect condition are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com.
- Coins arrive inside protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- Domed silver coins!
- Original mintage limited to 400,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of .8598 Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- Issued a face value of $1 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PR69/PF69 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse depicts the boot print of an astronaut on the Moon.
- On the reverse is a photo reflected in the helmet of Buzz Aldrin.
- Comes with a P mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
- Please keep in mind you may get coins with the same labels and grading house certifications when you buy more than one.
In July 1969, a three-man crew from NASA lifted off from Cape Canaveral in Florida. Its destination was the surface of the Moon. After more than three days in space, the craft reached the orbit of the Moon and two of those men descended to the lunar surface in the Eagle lunar lander.
Over the course of 21.5 hours, Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong would explore the Moon and collect samples to bring back to Earth via the Eagle lunar lander and the orbiting command module that held Michael Collins. After more than eight days in space, all three men splashed down in the South Pacific.
On the obverse of 2019 $1 Proof Silver Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins, you will find a sunken field with the boot print of an astronaut on the lunar surface. The field’s sunken, or concave, surface helps enhance the concept of that boot print on the Moon.
The reverse side of the 2019 Proof Silver American Apollo 11 Coins comes with an image of Buzz Aldrin’s helmet visor as the frame of the entire field. Reflected in his visor, you will see Neil Armstrong, the Eagle lunar lander, and the American flag. This side has a 3D, domed field.
These 2019 $1 Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are near-perfect specimens. Each one showcases full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detractions. Examples of these detractions include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines and are found outside the primary focal points.
Silver.com offers these coins with the potential for certification labels from either the PCGS or NGC, as well as various label designs. All coins are chosen at random after your payment clears. When you buy more than one, you may get coins with matching labels and grades.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223 to answer questions about silver for sale. Additionally, you can chat with us live online or email us.