The United States Mint issued a total of five bullion coins in 2019 to celebrate the 50th anniversary of mankind’s landing on the moon. In July 1969, three American astronauts on the Apollo 11 mission were sent to space, with two of them landing on the lunar surface as the first humans to set foot on another celestial body. Today, 2019 $1 Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS!
- One of five 50th-anniversary Apollo 11 coins from the US Mint!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of .8595 Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Includes a First Day of Issue label.
- On the obverse is the astronaut footprint design.
- The reverse includes the visor of Buzz Aldrin with a reflected photograph.
- Bears a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
Over the course of eight days in July 1969, NASA captivated the world with its Apollo 11 mission. Attempting to fulfill the goal set forth for the country by President John F. Kennedy at the start of the decade, NASA’s Apollo 11 mission was meant to send a team of three astronauts into space. Two of those astronauts would be descending to the lunar surface in hopes of returning home safely to planet Earth.
All of the 2019 $1 Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins in this listing are available to you with a Mint State 70 certification. Considered perfect coins, these MS70 specimens have full, original mint luster and present with no detracting flaws of any kind present on the design elements or surface areas.
Additionally, each silver bullion coin earned the First Day of Issue label. The PCGS reserves this label for those coins received within the first 24 hours of release by the US Mint. To qualify, the coins must arrive at the PCGS or an approved third-party depository in a sealed box within the specified time frame.
On the obverse of 2019 Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins is a depiction of an astronaut’s footprint on the moon. The reverse field features a recreation of the famed photograph Buzz Aldrin took on the lunar surface that captured his crewmate, Neil Armstrong, in the reflection on his visor standing on the moon near the Eagle lunar lander and an American flag.
These American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary coins are domed specimens that have a domed, convex reverse field with a concave, sunken obverse field. All of these coins were produced by the Philadelphia Mint with a “P” mint mark on the obverse.
Please contact Silver.com with your questions. Our team is available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address to help you.