The United States Mint celebrates the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission to the moon in 2019 with a collection of gold and silver coins. The silver collection in the series includes a 1 oz uncirculated coin, 1 oz proof coin, and a 5 oz proof coin. Right now, 2019 $1 Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the PCGS!
- Honors the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11!
- Availability of certified coins is limited within the overall mintage of 400,000 coins!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver.
- Bears a face value of $1 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- Designated a First Strike coin.
- The obverse side of the coin includes the image of a footprint on the moon.
- The reverse face depicts a photograph reflected in Buzz Aldrin’s visor.
- Includes “P” mint mark.
Each 2019 $1 Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin in this product listing is in perfect condition. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. These coins are the uncirculated silver dollar option in the US Mint’s Apollo 11 series of commemorative coins.
These coins come with a First Strike label inside of the protective plastic slab. The FS label applies to coins that arrive within a set timeframe for certification. To qualify, coins must arrive at the PCGS for certification within 30 days of their initial release from the United States Mint.
On the obverse side of 2019 $1 Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins, you’ll find the design of a footprint on the moon. You can see the lunar surface surrounding the distinct image of a footprint left by Neil Armstrong or Buzz Aldrin by their spacesuit.
The reverse of 2019 Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins includes a depiction of a photograph reflected in the visor of Buzz Aldrin. Inspired by an actual photo take on the surface of the moon, you can see the reflected image of Neil Armstrong, the Eagle lunar lander, and the American flag.
American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Silver Coins are struck by the Philadelphia Mint in the US Mint system. The coins feature a “P” mint mark on the surface.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com. Our customer service team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.