In 2019, the United States Mint marked the 50th anniversary of NASA’s Apollo 11 mission with the release of commemorative silver and gold coins. These coins all featured a shared design and offered impressive convex and concave surfaces, one of just a few domed coins the US Mint has ever issued. Now, certified-perfect 2019 Gold $5 American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you inside protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS or NGC!
- Celebrates the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of .2419 Troy ounces of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $5 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- An astronaut’s footprint on the lunar surface features on the concave obverse.
- Neil Armstrong, the lunar lander, and the American flag are all reflected in Buzz Aldrin’s visor on the domed reverse side.
- Please note that these coins may come with matching labels if you buy more than one.
In July 1969, NASA launched the Apollo 11 mission with the purpose of sending humans to the Moon and returning them safely to Earth. In a rousing speech during his presidency, John F. Kennedy challenged the nation to meet the obstacles in front of it during the Space Race with the Soviet Union.
After the Soviets were the first to launch an orbiting satellite and the first to send a human into orbit, President Kennedy rallied the American people and laid down a gauntlet for both the nation and NASA. His challenge: send mankind to the Moon and bring those astronauts safely home. Oh, and it needed to be done by the end of the decade.
An astronaut footprint features in the lunar surface on the obverse of 2019 Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins. This field of the coin has a concave surface, lending depth to the design.
Neil Armstrong and the Eagle lunar lander, as well as the American flag, are all captured in the reverse design of 2019 $5 American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin. This design offers a reflection of Neil Armstrong, the lunar lander, and the American flag in the visor of Buzz Aldrin, with the latter figure’s helmet offering the frame of the design element.
These 2019 Gold $5 American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are perfect specimens. Mint State 70 coins showcase full, original mint luster and have no detracting flaws of any kind present. The coins available here come with the potential for various labels and grading house designations.
Silver.com offers these coins to you at random after your payment has cleared. We cannot guarantee the specific labels or grading house in advance. If you buy more than one, please note you may get coins with matching labels.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. Additionally, you can chat with us live online or email us directly.