The United States Mint struck a collection of silver and gold coins for sale with 2019 date marks to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11. America’s famous mission to the Moon, the Apollo 11 mission lasted eight days and sent humans to another celestial body for the first time ever. Today, 2019 $5 Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship inside of the PCGS’s protective plastic slabs!
- Celebrates the accomplishment of Apollo 11!
- Availability of certified coins is limited within the original mintage of 50,000 coins!
- Consists of .2687 Troy ounces of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike specimen.
- The obverse of the coins includes the design of an astronaut footprint on the moon.
- On the reverse is the reflection of a scene from the Moon in Buzz Aldrin’s visor.
- Includes “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
The Apollo 11 mission to the Moon took off from Merritt Island, Florida, on July 16, 1969. The three-man crew of Apollo 11 included Michael Collins as the command module pilot, Buzz Aldrin as the lunar lander pilot, and Neil Armstrong as the mission commander. Armstrong and Aldrin were the two men who descended to the Moon’s surface where they spent a total of 21.5 hours during the mission.
All 2019 $5 Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins in this listing are perfect specimens according to the PCGS. Coins with a Mint State 70 certification have full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws. The coins feature a First Strike label as well, indicating the PCGS received each one within the first 30 days of release from the United States Mint.
On the reverse side of 2019 $5 Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins is the design of an astronaut’s footprint as imprinted on the moon by the spacesuits worn by Armstrong and Aldrin on the moon’s surface.
The obverse of 2019 $5 Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins feature a depiction of a photograph taken of Buzz Aldrin on the Moon’s surface. That photograph captured a reflection in Aldrin’s visor of Neil Armstrong standing near the Eagle lunar lander and an American flag.
These Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are available as the gold uncirculated release in the Apollo 11 Series. The coins are struck by the United States Mint at the West Point Mint facility with a “W” mint mark.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com if you have questions. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.