The United States Mint is celebrating the 50th anniversary of NASA’s Apollo 11 mission in the summer of 1969. The mission marked the first time that humans had set foot on the surface of a celestial body other than Earth and included a crew of three men: Michael Collins, Buzz Aldrin, and Neil Armstrong. Today, 2019 5 oz Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship with protective capsules, US Mint boxes, and a Certificate of Authenticity!
- Part of the US Mint’s 50th Anniversary celebration of Apollo 11!
- Mintage limited to 100,000 coins only!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $1 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is an astronaut footprint on the moon.
- The reverse captures the image of a photo taken by Buzz Aldrin on the moon’s surface.
- Struck by the Philadelphia Mint with a “P” mint mark.
Apollo 11 sent a three-man crew to the moon with the expressed goal of putting mankind on the moon and returning them safely to Earth. In the three-man crew, Michael Collins piloted the command module, Buzz Aldrin piloted the Eagle lunar lander, and Neil Armstrong served as mission commander. Collins was left to orbit above the moon in the command module while Armstrong and Aldrin descended to the moon’s surface during the mission.
With the release of these 2019 5 oz Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins, the United States Mint offers collectors a proof silver coin with frosted design elements and clear background fields. The coins are beautifully packaged inside of protective capsules and US Mint boxes, and each one comes with a Certificate of Authenticity.
On the obverse side of 2019 Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary coins is a depiction of a human footprint on the moon. In this case, it is the footprint from the boot of Aldrin and Armstrong’s space suits and represents a monumental achievement in human history to have sent humans to another celestial body in the solar system.
The reverse face of 2019 5 oz Proof Silver American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins includes a depiction of Aldrin’s famous photo from the surface of the moon. The photo captures the reflection of Armstrong, the American flag, and the Eagle lunar lander on the visor of Aldrin as the pair stand on the moon’s surface.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com when buying silver. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or send us an email.