The United States Mint issued another of its rare domed coins in 2019. Available in both silver and gold for sale, these coins honored the 50th anniversary of NASA’s seminal achievement from the 20th century. The Apollo 11 mission was the first in human history to put humans on the surface of another celestial body and return them safely to Earth. Today, 2019 $5 Proof Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins in perfect condition are available to you online from Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Special 50th anniversary strikes honor Apollo 11!
- Proof specimens in the release!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of .2419 Troy ounces of actual gold content.
- The face value of $5 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR70 or PF70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- On the obverse is an astronaut’s footprint on the Moon’s surface.
- The reverse features a reflection in Buzz Aldrin’s helmet of the Eagle lunar lander, Neil Armstrong, and the American flag.
- Please keep in mind it is possible to get coins with the same labels when buying multiples.
The 2019 Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coin release from the United States Mint offered a shared obverse and reverse coin design that was issued across several investment-grade and collectible coins. The series offered two silver coins, two gold coins, and a clad coin. Each one boasted a concave obverse field with a convex reverse field for enhanced visual brilliance for the design elements.
All of the 2019 $5 Proof Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins available in this product listing come with perfect certifications. The PR70/PF70 grades come from either the PCGS or NGC and indicate coins that have full, original mint luster with no detractions of any kind present.
Please note that Silver.com offers these coins to you at random. We cannot guarantee the specific grading house or label that will come with your coin. We select your coins at random after your payment has cleared and cannot guarantee which specimens are available in advance. If you buy multiples, you may get coins with matching labels.
On the obverse of 2019 Proof Gold Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Coins is a depiction of an astronaut footprint in the surface of the Moon. This side of the coin has a concave field with a sunken visual element.
The reverse side of 2019 $5 Proof Gold American Apollo 11 50th Anniversary Cois is a complex image. Buzz Aldrin’s helmet frames the design element, with his visor capturing the reflection of Neil Armstrong, the Eagle lunar lander, and the American flag on the surface of the Moon. This is the convex field and its domed finish gives a sense of realism to the design.
Please contact Silver.com if you have any questions. Our team can assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.