Established by French and British explorers as colonies for the respective European powers as early as the 16th century, Canada and the United States have historical connections and cultural similarities that criss-cross their shared 8,893-kilometer land border. The Royal Canadian Mint and the United States Mint celebrate the special relationship between the two countries in 2019 with the first-ever release of a collaborative set of Silver Maple Leaf and Silver Eagle coins. Now, 2019 Silver RCM Pride of Two Nations 2-Coin Sets are available to you for purchase online at Silver.com with PCGS certification.
Coin Set Highlights:
- Coins ship to you inside of PCGS protective plastic slabs!
- Includes a Silver Maple Leaf and Silver Eagle coin!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9999 fine silver in the Maple Leaf and One Troy ounce of .999 fine silver in the Eagle.
- Issued individual face values of $5 (CAD) and $1 (USD) by Canada and the United States.
- Bears Grades of PR70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designations.
- Silver Maple Leaf has Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse and the sugar maple leaf on the reverse.
- Silver Eagle features Walking Liberty on the obverse and the heraldic eagle of the United States on the reverse.
The Royal Canadian Mint and United States Mint struck a total of 110,000 of their respective silver bullion coins for this Pride of Two Nations 2-Coin set. From that mintage, the United States Mint issued 100,000 two-coin sets while these Royal Canadian Mint two-coin sets are limited to just 10,000 sets by comparison.
Each of the 2019 Silver RCM Pride of Two Nations 2-Coin Sets include uniquely produced versions of the two countries silver bullion coins. The Silver Canadian Maple Leaf included is a modified proof with three times the visual brilliance courtesy of the frosted designs and mirrored background fields. The Silver American Eagles, by contrast, are enhanced reverse proofs with various frosted and polished surfaces that isolate certain design elements. Overall, the coins have frosted backgrounds and mirrored design elements.
On the obverse of each 2019 Silver Maple Leaf coin is the image of Queen Elizabeth II as created in 2003 by Susanna Blunt. The reverse side of the Silver Maple Leaf coins includes the image of the sugar maple leaf. Both sides of the Silver Maple Leaf have border designs that feature stars and maple leaves.
The obverse of 2019 Silver American Eagles has the Walking Liberty design from Adolph A. Weinman. On the reverse of each Silver Eagle coin is the image of the heraldic eagle of the United States and a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
These 2019 Silver RCM Pride of Two Nations 2-Coin Sets include coins with PR70 certifications from the PCGS. Coins with this grade have full, original mint luster and no detracting flaws. First Strike coins are those which arrive for grading within the first 30 days of their original release date.
We encourage Silver.com customers to call us with questions at 888-989-7223. You can also connect with us online through our live chat and email address.