Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are offered by the United States Mint on an annual basis. Released between 1986 and 1988, the Proof Gold Eagles come in four weights and one of the most popular each year is the 1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagle. Right now, 2019 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside of NGC protective plastic slabs!
- 31st year of release for the Proof Gold Eagle’s 1/10 oz coin!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Tenth Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $5 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Includes a UCAM label.
- Features an Early Release label.
- On the obverse is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse features American bald eagles.
- “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
Each 2019 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagle in this listing comes with a perfect certification from the NGC. Coins in PF70 condition exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws on the surface areas or design elements. Each of these coins also has two added labels from the NGC.
The UCAM label stands for ultra-cameo and indicates the coins have strong, frosted design elements overlaying deeply-mirrored, clear background fields. The Early Release label means these coins were received for certification within the first 30 days of their 2019 release from the United States Mint.
1/10 oz Proof Gold Eagles were the best-selling coins each year in the series from their 1988 debut until 2007. Since that time, the 1 oz version of the collectible coin has had the top mintage figure each year and the 1/10 oz coins are the next most popular.
On the obverse of the 2019 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagles is the image of Lady Liberty created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. This design features Liberty in front-facing relief as she strides forth from Washington DC. She holds a torch high overhead in her right hand while clutching an olive branch in her left.
The reverse of 1/10 oz Proof Gold American Eagles features a family of American bald eagles. In the design, a female eagle shelters a young hatchling in the nest as a male eagle flies overhead. This design was created in 1986 by Miley Busiek specifically for the Gold American Eagle.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Silver.com. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.