Proof Gold Eagles from the United States Mint are offered in four weights. While the 1 oz and 1/10 oz coins garner most of the attention, the other fractional-weight coins are available each year and do have their own following of collectors. The 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagle often has the lowest mintage figure each year. Today, the 2019 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle is available to you online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside of the NGC’s protective plastic slab!
- 31st year of release for the 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $10 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Features a UCAM label.
- Includes an Early Release label.
- Lady Liberty is on the coin’s obverse.
- American bald eagles are on the coin’s reverse.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle coins were introduced in 1988 alongside the 1/10 oz version of the collectible gold coins for sale. The Proof Gold Eagle Series did not debut with all four weights available, but instead rolled out its options over three years. The 1 oz coin was issued in 1986 with all four bullion coins, the 1/2 oz coin joined the program in 1987, and 1988 saw the final addition.
All 2019 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagles in this listing are available with perfect certifications. Coins in PF70 condition showcase full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws on the design elements and surface areas.
On top of a perfect certification, these coins also have UCAM and Early Release labels. Ultra-cameo coins are characterized by the presence of strong, frosted design elements and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields. The Early Release designation is for coins that arrive for certification within the first 30 days of their initial release from the US Mint.
The obverse of 1/4 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins features Lady Liberty. This design was created in 1907 by Augustus Saint-Gaudens and featured on the $20 Gold Double Eagle from 1907 to 1933. On the reverse of 2019 1/4 oz Proof Gold Eagles is the design of an American bald eagle family. The design includes a male eagle in flight above the nest as a female eagle guards over a hatchling in the nest.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with your questions. We’re available on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.