Among the four coins in the Proof Gold American Eagle Series, the 1 oz coin holds the records for the highest mintage figures and is currently the best-selling coin. All Proof Gold Eagles share the same designs on the obverse and reverse, with proof coins offering enhanced visual brilliance. Right now, 2019 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com in perfect condition.
- Ships to you inside of the NGC’s protective plastic slabs!
- 33rd release year for the Proof Gold American Eagle 1 oz coins!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Contains 1 Troy oz of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $50 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- UCAM specimen.
- Early Release designation.
- On the obverse side of the coins is Lady Liberty.
- The reverse face of the coins includes American bald eagles.
- Features “W” mint marks from the West Point Mint.
Each of the individual 2019 1 oz Proof Gold American Eagle Coins in this listing has a perfect PF70 certification. This grade is issued to coins that exhibit full, original mint luster with no detracting flaws on the design elements or background fields.
The included UCAM label stands for ultra-cameo and indicates the coins have contrasting strong, frosted design elements and deeply-mirrored, clear background fields. Early Release labels are reserved for coins that arrive for grading within the first 30 days of their initial release from the United States Mint.
1 oz gold coins in the Proof Gold Eagle Series hold the two highest mintage figures in the program’s history, with 446,290 coins sold in 1986 and 147,498 sold in 1987. From 1988 to 2007, the 1/10 oz coin was the best seller, but since 2008 it has been the 1 oz coin leading the way for collectors.
On the obverse of 2019 1 oz Proof Gold Eagles is the image of Lady Liberty. This front-facing relief of Liberty was revolutionary when it debuted in 1907 on the $20 Gold Double Eagle and it was designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
The reverse face of 2019 Proof Gold American Eagle coins includes a design from Miley Busiek. The 1986 design includes a male eagle flying over the nest while a female eagle is depicted sheltering a hatchling within the nest.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com. Our customer service team is available to you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.