After seven years of anticipation, the United States Mint finally debuted its Palladium Eagle bullion coin series. The coins were authorized by the US Congress in 2010, but it wasn’t until 2017 that the US Mint was ready to produce the coins. Today, 2019-W 1 oz Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof Coins in near-perfect condition are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS!
- Third coin release in the Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof coins!
- Initial mintage of 30,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of .9995 fine palladium.
- The face value of $25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded PR69 by the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- First Strike designation.
- On the obverse is a depiction of Winged Liberty.
- The reverse includes the image of an American bald eagle.
- Bears a “W” mint mark from the West Point Mint.
Palladium American Eagle coins debuted in 2017 as a Brilliant Uncirculated coin with a mintage of 15,000 coins only. The entire mintage of coins from that first year sold out at the United States Mint. The second release in 2018 offered a Palladium American Eagle as a proof specimen, again using a mintage of 15,000 coins. These 2019 coins offered yet another new version with the reverse proof coins, this time using a mintage of 30,000 coins. In all three years, the coins sold out at the United States Mint.
All of the 2019-W Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof coins listed here are PR69 certifications. The coins earned the near-perfect certification as a sign that each one has full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Acceptable flaws at this level include minuscule contact marks or hairlines and must be outside of the primary focal points of the coin.
These specimens also have a First Strike label. FS specimens are those that were received by the PCGS or an approved third-party depository within 30 days of the United States Mint’s release of the coins.
On the obverse side of 2019 Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof Coins is a depiction of Winged Liberty. Created by Adolph A. Weinman in 1916, the image captures Liberty in left-profile relief wearing a winged Phrygian cap on her head. The design has gone down in history known as the Mercury Dime because Winged Liberty looks similar to common depictions of the Roman messenger god Mercury.
The reverse of the 2019-W 1 oz Palladium American Eagle Reverse Proof Coins includes a design of the American bald eagle. Created in 1907 for the American Institute of Architect’s gold medal, the design also featured on the Mercury Dime created by Weinman.
Please feel free to reach out to Silver.com with your inquiries. We are available to assist you at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.