The United States Mint issues the Gold American Eagles on an annual basis with 1 oz gold and three fractional-ounce options. Among those, the 1/4 oz Gold Eagle routinely has the lowest mintage figure in the collection. Today, 2020 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle Coins are available to you online at Silver.com in near-perfect condition.
- Available to ship to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the NGC!
- 35th year of issue for the 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- The face value of $10 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- Graded Mint State 69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- Features an Early Release label.
- The obverse includes the Lady Liberty design.
- On the reverse is a family of American bald eagles.
Gold American Eagle coins are only available in the 1/4 oz gold option in the bullion and proof specimens. The burnished coin, introduced in 2006, is only available in 1 oz gold. The bullion 1/4 oz Gold Eagle is minted to demand each year and has had the lowest mintage figure in the series six times since 1986.
All of the 2020 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles in this listing come with a Mint State 69 certification. Coins with the MS69 grade showcase full, original mint luster and a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of these flaws include minuscule contact marks or hairlines and must be located outside the primary focal fields of the coin.
The Early Release label in the slab notes the timing of the coin’s arrival for certification. The coins were received by the NGC or an approved third-party depository within the opening 30 days of availability from the United States Mint.
The obverse face of 2020 Gold American Eagles bears the design of Lady Liberty created by Augustus Saint-Gaudens. In this design, Liberty walks toward the viewer with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left hand. The US Capitol Building is depicted in the background field at her feet with a ring of 50 stars around her figure.
On the reverse side of 2020 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles is a depiction of a family of American bald eagles. The bald eagles in this design were created by Miley Busiek in 1986 specifically for the Gold Eagle Series.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com with any questions. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.