The United States Mint offers its Gold American Eagles each year in an investment-grade bullion coin, as well as the collectible proof and burnished versions. The bullion coins have been available in four weights dating to the 1986 introduction of the series and are struck every year. Right now, 2020 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles are available to purchase online in near-perfect condition at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab from the NGC!
- 35th year of release for the 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of Mint State 69 by the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse face features the design of Lady Liberty.
- On the reverse is an image of American bald eagles in the nest.
Each 2020 1/4 oz Gold American Eagle in this product listing comes to you with a near-perfect certification from the NGC. Coins in this condition exhibit full, original mint luster with a maximum of two minor detracting flaws. Examples of acceptable flaws at this grade level include only minuscule contact marks or hairlines and must be located outside the primary focal points on the coin’s surface.
1/4 oz Gold Eagles are typically the lowest-minted coins in the series alongside the 1/2 oz Gold Eagle. While the 1/2 oz Gold Eagle is, far and away, the lowest-minted coin, there was a six-year stretch from 2002 to 2007 in which the 1/2 oz Gold Eagle actually outpaced the 1/4 oz Gold Eagle and left it as the lowest minted in the series.
The obverse side of 2020 1/4 oz Gold American Eagles bears the iconic Lady Liberty design from Augustus Saint-Gaudens. Created in 1907, it was submitted to the US Mint as one of four designs from Saint-Gaudens for consideration on circulation gold coins and the US Penny. It was eventually chosen for the $20 Gold Double Eagle and featured on that coin until 1933.
On the reverse of 2020 Gold American Eagles is a design created specifically for the Gold Eagle. It was designed by Miley Busiek and features three American bald eagles. A male eagle flies over the nest as a female eagle guards a hatchling in the nest.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service would be happy to help. We are available at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.