Buying gold with lunar-themed designs is a popular option for investors and collectors right now. There is no mint with the robust designs and variety of weights that the Perth Mint has in its lineup. The originators of lunar designs, the Perth Mint now moves into its next popular collection with the Lunar Series III program. Right now, 2020 1/4 oz Gold Australian Lunar Mouse Coins are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you inside of a protective acrylic capsule or roll of 20 coins!
- First coin available in the new Lunar Series III collection!
- Mintage for the coins is unlimited through 2020!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold in BU condition.
- Bears a face value of $25 (AUD) backed by the federal government of Australia.
- On the obverse side is a depiction of Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse face bears a new Year of the Mouse design with a mouse and wheat stalks.
- Ing Ing Jong designed the reverse artwork.
Each of the 2020 1/4 oz Gold Australian Lunar Mouse Coins in this product listing is available to you in Brilliant Uncirculated condition. The coins are available inside of acrylic capsules or rolls of 20 coins. The Perth Mint assigns an unlimited mintage to the fractional-weight coins in the Lunar Series III collection, meaning it will produce the coins through the end of the 2020 calendar year and then cease production.
Ing Ing Jong is the designer of the separate silver and gold designs in the Lunar Series III collection. Ms. Jong was hired by the Perth Mint as a designer in 2011 and began creating lunar designs in 2013 for the Lunar Series II program. She completed the remaining designs in that series through 2019 and now offers the first image in the Lunar Series III program.
The reverse of 2020 1/4 oz Gold Australian Lunar Mouse Coins features a lone mouse in a field of wheat stalks. The mouse stands on its hind legs and reaches up a wheat stalk with its front paws.
On the obverse of 2020 Gold Australian Lunar Mouse Coins is an effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. This sixth-generation portrait for Australian coins, this design from Jody Clark debuted on Australian coins in 2019 and now makes its debut in 2020 on Lunar Series III coins. This right-profile portrait includes the Queen’s neckline and shoulders for the first time since 1966.
If you have any questions, Silver.com customer service is available to help. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or email us directly.