The United States Mint and the Royal Mint have teamed up once again in 2020 to release a gold coin set and silver medal set honoring the passage of the Mayflower across the Atlantic Ocean from the United Kingdom to the New World. This humble vessel brought with it the individuals who would form the first successful colony in the northern portion of North America. Right now, 2020 1/4 oz Proof Gold American 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins in perfect condition are available to purchase online at Silver.com.
- Ships to you in PCGS or NGC protective plastic slabs!
- Released in a two-coin set by the US Mint and Royal Mint!
- This coin is the US Mint specimen!
- Mintage limited to 4,850 coins only!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Bears a face value of $10 (USD) backed by the federal government.
- Issued a Grade of PF70 or PR70 by the Professional Coin Grading Service or Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse features a family from the Wampanoag tribe.
- On the reverse are depictions of Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower.
- Please note that you could receive coins with matching or varied additional labels when buying multiples.
Each of the 2020 1/4 oz Proof Gold American 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins available in this product listing comes to you with a perfect certification. A PR70 or PF70 grade indicates a coin that exhibits full, original mint luster and presents with no detracting flaws. It is possible, though not guaranteed, that these coins will come with additional labels such as UCAM, DCAM, First Strike, or Early Release. The former refers to coins with impressive visual contrast, while the latter two refer to coins received within a certain timeframe following release from the mint.
Silver.com offers these coins to you at random. We are not able to guarantee in advance whether you will receive a PCGS or NGC-graded coin, nor can we guarantee whether the coins will have additional labels beyond the PR70 and PF70 grades. If you buy more than one, the coins could have all matching labels or a variety of different labels.
The obverse side of the 2020 Proof Gold American 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coin features a depiction of a Wampanoag family. The Wampanoag tribe in what is now the northeastern United States was one of the most populous in the region of Massachusetts when the Pilgrims arrived in late 1620.
On the reverse face of 2020 1/4 oz Proof Gold Mayflower Coins is a depiction of Pilgrims. In this case, you can see a male and female. Most of the Pilgrims aboard the Mayflower were Puritans, a religious group facing heavy persecution in the United Kingdom in the 17th century.
If you have any questions when buying gold, please feel free to ask. Silver.com can assist you on the phone at 888-989-7223, online using our live chat, and via our email address.