In 2020, the United States Mint and the Royal Mint of England partnered on a two-coin release honoring the 400th anniversary of the journey of the Mayflower. Departing southern England in early September of that year, the Mayflower would eventually anchor in what is now known as Cape Cod by November of that year. While the two mints issued joint two-coin sets, the US Mint also issued a standalone reverse proof gold coin for sale. Now, 2020 1/4 oz Reverse Proof Gold American 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins in near-perfect condition are available to you for purchase online from Silver.com.
- Coins ship to you in protective plastic slabs courtesy of the PCGS or the NGC!
- Commemorates the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower’s voyage!
- Original mintage limited to 5,000 coins only!
- Availability of certified coins is limited!
- Consists of One-Quarter Troy ounce of .9999 fine gold.
- Issued a face value of $10 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of PR69 or PF69 from the Professional Coin Grading Service or the Numismatic Guaranty Corporation.
- The obverse depicts people from the Wampanoag tribe looking out at the arriving Mayflower.
- On the reverse are two Pilgrims.
- Reverse-proof visuals.
- Please bear in mind these coins could come with various or matching labels.
The 2020 release of 400th anniversary Mayflower coins included a gold coin from the US Mint, a silver medal, and this reverse-proof gold coin. All of the coins from the United States Mint shared the same obverse and reverse designs. The designs on American coins in this release honored the arrival of the Pilgrims in the New World.
For the British coins available in the matching sets alongside the US gold coin and silver medal, the Royal Mint featured designs honoring the beginning of the voyage to the New World. While Queen Elizabeth II was featured on the obverse of these coins, the reverse showcased the Mayflower on the waters of the Atlantic Ocean.
The obverse of 2020 1/4 oz Reverse Proof Gold American 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins features a depiction of a Wampanoag family. This family unit is near the coast and witnessed the arrival of the Mayflower.
On the reverse side of 2020 Reverse Proof Gold 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins is a depiction of Pilgrims. This particular design shows the left-profile portraits of a male and a female from the ship gazing off into the distance.
These 2020 1/4 oz Reverse Proof Gold American 400th Anniversary of the Mayflower Coins are in plastic slabs with either PR69 or PF69 grades. Coins in this condition showcase full, original mint luster and a maximum of two flaws. Acceptable flaws at this grade must be outside the primary focal fields and are limited in nature to minuscule contact marks or hairlines. Please bear in mind that we do not guarantee the labels in the slab nor the specific grading house. All coins are chosen at random after your payment clears. You may receive matching labels when buying multiples.
Silver.com customer service is available at 888-989-7223. Alternatively, you can chat with us live online or send us an email.