The Perth Mint is celebrating the 30th anniversary of its coveted Silver Australian Kookaburra coins in 2020. The coins follow the decade’s long trend of using a fresh design on the reverse each year, but also delivers a special 30th-anniversary design for the obverse of the coins in 2020 as well. Today, 2020 1 Kilo Silver Australian Kookaburra Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to ship to you inside of a protective acrylic capsule!
- 30th-anniversary issue of Silver Kookaburra coins!
- Mintage is unlimited through the end of 2020!
- Consists of One Kilo, or 32.15 Troy ounces, of .9999 fine silver in BU condition.
- The face value of $30 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- On the obverse field is a portrait of Queen Elizabeth II and the original 1990 Kookaburra design.
- The reverse bears a new image of the kookaburra as it sits on a roof as a new day dawns.
- Reverse artwork by Jennifer McKenna.
The 30th anniversary of the Silver Australian Kookaburra includes the three weights common in the series since 1992. The 1990 and 1991 releases offered only a 1 oz coin, while 1992 saw the introduction of 10 oz, 1 Kilo, and 2 oz silver coins. While the 2 oz coins were discontinued in 2010, the 1 Kilo and 10 oz coins remain.
All of these 2020 1 Kilo Silver Australian Kookaburra Coins are available with an individual acrylic capsule to house the specimens. These coins are offered in Brilliant Uncirculated condition with an unlimited mintage figure. The Perth Mint will issue the coins through the end of the 2020 calendar year and then declare its final mintage and halt production.
On the obverse of the 2020 Silver Australian Kookaburra Coins, you will notice a new design joins Queen Elizabeth II. Her Majesty is depicted in the sixth-generation portrait from Jody Clark at the top of the design field, while the primary design field includes the 1990 Silver Kookaburra design. It was the first to feature in the series and was created by Stuart Devlin. Inscriptions on this side include the anniversary date marks of “1990 2020.”
The reverse face of 2020 1 Kilo Silver Australian Kookaburra Coins features Jennifer McKenna’s new design for the year. This side of the coin bears the image of the largest member of the kingfisher species perched at the top of a roof. The kookaburra is perched at the very edge of the roof as the sun rises in the distance and its rays stretch out to greet a new day. “30th Anniversary” is inscribed along the bottom rocker of the design field.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to Silver.com with your questions. You can call us at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.