The gold for sale in the Gold American Eagle Series from the United States Mint comes with 1 oz, 1/2 oz, 1/4 oz, and 1/10 oz options available in bullion and proof, as well as a 1 oz gold coin in the burnished version. On top of these options, you can purchase certified versions of the coins assessed by the PCGS or NGC. Now, 2020 1 oz Gold American Eagles are available to you online for purchase in perfect condition at Silver.com.
- Coin ships to you inside of a protective plastic slab courtesy of the PCGS!
- 35th year of release for the 1 oz Gold American Eagles!
- Availability of certified perfect coins is limited!
- Consists of One Troy ounce of actual gold content.
- Issued a face value of $50 (USD) by the United States.
- Bears a Grade of Mint State 70 from the Professional Coin Grading Service.
- The obverse face of the coin has Lady Liberty by Augustus Saint-Gaudens.
- On the reverse is a depiction of American bald eagles by Miley Busiek.
Gold American Eagles are available from the US Mint each year with no mintage cap ever set. While proof and burnished coins sometimes have mintage caps to ensure the collectible value of the coins, the bullion Gold Eagles are struck to meet the demand of investors. As a result, mintage figures have ebbed and flowed throughout the history of the series.
From the 1986 debut of the Gold American Eagle to 1991, the coin declined in mintage each year and remained low before jumping in the late 1990s around Y2K fears. After an increase from 1997 to 1999, the coins again dropped in the early 2000s. The last peak in demand came in 2009 and 2010 during the Great Recession. Recently, mintages have dropped from 817,500 in 2016 to just 73,000 in 2019.
The obverse side of the 2020 Gold American Eagle features the image of Liberty. This coin includes the design of Lady Liberty as designed by Augustus Saint-Gaudens in 1907 and used on the $20 Gold Double Eagle originally.
On the reverse face of 2020 1 oz Gold American Eagles is the depiction of a family of American bald eagles. This design was created in 1986 by Miley Busiek and features a male eagle flying over the nest as a female and hatchling sit perched inside the nest.
These 2020 1 oz Gold American Eagles are perfect coins with a Mint State 70 grade. Coins in this condition have full, original mint luster and bear no detracting flaws of any kind on the design elements and surface areas.
We encourage Silver.com customers to call us with questions at 888-989-7223. Alternatively, you can chat with us live online or email us directly.