The Lost States of America coin series captures some interesting stories about the history of the nation. Each of the 20 coins planned for the series will commemorate a territory or location that once made a bid for statehood. The 2020 1 oz Proof Silver Cook Islands Lost States of America McDonald Coin commemorates an effort that took place in 1961.
- Coin ships in a protective plastic capsule!
- Minted in 2020, which was the first year of the Lost States of America coin series.
- Only 25,000 coins minted!
- Consists of one Troy oz of .999 fine silver.
- Coin’s face value is $1 (CID) and is backed by government of the Cook Islands.
- Stunning detailed image of Native American man in headdress on obverse.
- Clever reverse design includes Elizabeth II portrait along with beautiful image of elk in a natural landscape.
- High relief coin ensures gorgeous visual details.
The coin will ship in a protective plastic capsule to keep it from being damaged during transport. You can use the capsule for storage too or if you need to transport the coin yourself.
The obverse of this coin provides a stunning, detailed high-relief visual. A Native American warrior is depicted wearing a headdress and other ceremonial garb. The inscription above him indicates that the coin is commemorating the lost State of McDonald. The territory of McDonald was never recognized by Congress or any states, though a provisional government established in 1961 attempted to make the secession legitimate through 1962. The issue originated when a popular resort and other locations of interest in McDonald County were left off of a Missouri State Highway Commission map.
The reverse of this coin is a lovely combination of elements. First, you have an image designed by Joel Iskowitz, who is designing both sides of all coins in the series. The image on the 2020 Proof Silver Cook Islands Lost States of America McDonald Coin depicts the Elk River, complete with a wading elk. Interlaid over this design is the Cook Islands silver dollar coin design with Elizabeth II’s right-facing effigy.
With a limited mintage, these unique silver coins for sale may become difficult to find. Ensure you get yours by ordering from Silver.com. Call us at 1-888-989-7223, send an email or drop us a note in the chat tool on the bottom right of the screen.