The National Park of American Samoa kicks off the final year in the ATB Series to feature five fresh designs. Each year since 2010 has featured five designs for different states or territories of the United States. 2020 is the final year to include five designs with just one release scheduled for 2021 as the program wraps up. Today, 2020-P 5 oz Burnished Silver ATB National Park of American Samoa Coins are available to you online at Silver.com.
- Available to you inside of a presentation case with a Certificate of Authenticity from the US Mint!
- First coin issue in the 2020 ATB Series and the 51st release of the ATB Series!
- Availability of Burnished ATB Silver coins!
- Consists of Five Troy ounces of .999 fine silver.
- The face value of $.25 (USD) is fully backed by the US government.
- On the obverse is President George Washington.
- The reverse includes two Samoan flying foxes.
- Issued for American Samoa in the ATB Series.
- Commemorates the National Park of American Samoa.
- Includes a “P” mint mark from the Philadelphia Mint.
The only US National Park Service unit south of the equator is the National Park of American Samoa. Spread across the three islands of Tutuila, Ofu, and Ta’u, the park exists to preserve and protect coral reefs, tropical rainforests, fruit bats, and the overall Samoan culture of the islands of American Samoa.
All of these 2020-P Burnished 5 oz Silver ATB National Park of American Samoa Coins are available to you with a beautiful matte finish. The burnishing process consists of placing the 5 oz silver blanks inside of a drum to roll with a polishing medium to create the matte appearance of the visual elements. The coins are individually packaged inside of US Mint presentation packaging with a Certificate of Authenticity.
On the obverse of 2020-P Burnished 5 oz Silver ATB National Park of American Samoa Coins is a depiction of President George Washington. The first President of the United States of America, Washington was an influential figure throughout the American colonial era and has been the face of the US Quarter since 1932. John Flanagan developed this image of Washington for the quarter in 1932 and features on the obverse of all ATB coins.
The reverse side of the 2020 Burnished 5 oz Silver ATB National Park of American Samoa Coins includes the image of two Samoan flying foxes. In this design, a mother flying fox hangs upside down as a young pup clutches her underbelly.
Please feel free to reach out to us at Silver.com if you have any questions. You can call us on the phone at 888-989-7223, chat with us live online, or simply send us an email with your inquiries.